Limited Liability Company (GmbH/Sarl)
This type of company is suitable for medium sized businesses that center on the activities of individuals. A GmbH consists of at least one shareholder & has share capital of at least CHF 20,000.
Advantages and Benefits
- International Credibility
- Flexible and creative corporate structures for international businesses.
- Ability to conduct business with or maintain professional contact with accountants, trust companies, investment advisors or any other similar professions.
- Ability to maintain bank accounts in Switzerland.
- Asset protection and privacy.
- Ability to manage the company from any place in the world.
- Limited liabilities of shareholders.
- There are no nationality restrictions for executives.
- Double taxation treaties to more than 70 countries.
- Special tax exemption status for certain activity.
- No withholding tax on License Fees and Royalties.
- Simple regulation of inheritance.
- Audit is not compulsory.
- Liability is limited with the company assets and share capital.
Type of Entity
Type of Law
Swiss Civil Code
On certain type of activities
Time to establish a new company
Bearer shares allowed
Double Taxation treaty access
Yes(to more than 70 countries)
Standard currency of share capital
Other permitted currencies of capital
Minimum paid up share capital
Usual authorized capital
Minimum number of Directors/Managers
Local Directors/Managers required
Ordinary Tax base
Withholding tax on license fees and royalties
Corporate Tax Rate
8% to 30%
Withholding tax on dividents
Value added tax rate
Publicly accessible record of directors
Locations of directors meeting
Minimum number of members
Disclosure of beneficial owner
Company secretary required
Requirement for audited accounts
Depends on activity, financial accounts, total employees
Submission of accounts
No, only with tax authorities
Publicly accessible accounts
Requirement to file annual return
Change in Domicile permitted